Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ad Love: Stella McCartney

When I first started to get into fashion magazines, one thing I couldn't stand about 'em were the ads.  I thought they got in the way of the important parts (editorials, articles, etc.)  But over the years, I have learned to appreciate the ads so much that I actually love them!

The image(s) selected to be featured in a label's ad represents the entire collection for that season and make major statements...As I perused the September issue of Elle magazine, one ad in particular really stood out to me: 


Natalia Vodianova is the star of this Stella McCartney ad in a dress that combines sheer seductiveness with polka dot sweetness.  The look showcases a little skin in such a creative and fresh way and ups the va va voom factor.  And the pose is strong, yet demure.  Between that and the black and white image with green topiary serving as a background, this ad is a fabulous contradiction.

PS: Polka dots = Major trend for Fall

No comments:

Post a Comment