Tuesday, March 16, 2010

For the Love of Lanvin


(Lanvin Spring 2008)

I was flipping through the pages of my French textbook and was pleasantly surprised to see a picture of Lily Donaldson (and the back of Raquel Zimmermann) from Lanvin's Spring 2008 runway show. I was thoroughly delighted because I'm a huge fan of Alber Elbaz's work at the French house. There had been rumors swirling around latel that Elbaz would be replacing Karl Lagerfeld at Chanel. But reps at Chanel confirmed that Lagerfeld wasn't going anywhere. I think it's good that Lanvin won't be losing Alber Elbaz. His creations for the house's Spring (first row, below) and Fall 2010 (second row, below) collections were incredible and oozed French chicness and femininity. And he always finds the perfect balance when using embellishment and color. He's a master.



(Pics via Style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment