Saturday, January 16, 2010

Tattoos a la Chanel

Soon, you'll be able to have a high fashion temporary tat. According to Times Online, Chanel is set to launch a line of body stickers. What will they look like? "The press release... refers to 'ethereal trompe l'oeils," 'modern and poetic emblematic codes" and "there's further talk of leather, flowers, pearls and chain motifs- all clever riffs on Mademoiselle Chanel's favourite things." I guess Karl Lagerfeld wants to make the Chanel name even more wearable.


They won't be available until March, but there's already a waiting list and a package of 49 designs will be sold for about $79. I won't be buying any but I really want to see what all of them look like. It's a cool idea and I love how it looks on the model. But in the hands of a label- obsessed, fashion victim, I'm afraid they might look a little...tacky. Now on someone like Lilly Allen, singer and the current face of the Chanel Cocoon handbag line, I think the Chanel body art would look really fab. What do you think?


(Pic via Times Online)

No comments:

Post a Comment